Friday 20 January 2012

More holiday snaps

Honestly, there's really no need to beg. If you want to see more of my NY photos please do just ask!


I always think it's much easier to take photos in very crisp sunshine than it is in pouring rain...


Though I rather like the ethereality of that, a sharp contrast to the iconic sharpness of these water-towers:


This is one of the huge vistas you can now get from the High Line:


And here's a lovely concrete detail from the other end of the line:


More rainy streets now, and I love the way the reds of cars and traffic lights stand out in New York (which is generally what some fashion designer or other brilliantly described as shades of "greige"):


Let's end here, with a cliche tourist shot:


Except that... Goddamnit! It's the Pan Am building, not "MetLife"! Although savour the irony that the seemingly all-conquering Pan Am towered over Grand Central, but it's Grand Central that's still working as part of an operational transport system.

4 comments:

Lee said...

I'm sorry that my comment offended you and you rejected it. I had meant to offer to show you something new in New York the next time you visited.

LeDuc said...

What comment offended me? I normally only reject those which appear to be primarily links to other sites or spammy adverts. What did you say that offended me?!

Jim in SC said...

You are really a gifted urban photographer. I just thought I'd mention it...

LeDuc said...

Actually, I really appreciate that: I always think my photos are pretty rubbishy, so it's a nice surprise to have some praise. Thanks.