Saturday 31 December 2011

Giving head

Well, now, this is rather special: a photographer who takes lots of images of headless ordinary bodies.


I'm not usually wild about headless exhibitionism. It seems like such a dumb contradiction in terms.


In fact, it's a sort of failure of commitment. Either you are an exhibitionist and proud of it, or you're just a bit of an uncommitted sad case.


But so relentless and inventive is this photographer and his chums I'm inclined to give them the benefit of any lingering doubts.


And I love the constant comparisons of his friends' very varied winkies.


Even the occasional artlessly posed shot is not too disturbing:


And let's end here, with a fascinating contrast (and note that ugly elastic stretch mark. No pretensions here):


Please don't now send me a rash of headless exhibitionist self-portraits. Not unless there's at least one headshot in there. And I'm not just talking about your willy...

4 comments:

Polomint said...

I share your view. This is a bit to "meat rack" for me. I want to get a bit more information about the man - from looking into his eyes - from checking for smile / scowl etc.

That said I wonder if the faces have been omitted for anonymity. If so the man in #2 with the tatooed shoulders may still be identifiable!

Of the set the split scree images offer the most to me: I like the "before and after" feel...

Cheers, Polomint

Anonymous said...

Headless exhibitionism... Nice term. :)
I agree with you that a face with a body makes the whole feel more complete. But it's posts likes this that make me surprise myself again and again: I'm just a sucker for winkies! Even without faces to go with them, I still like them so much! I think my New Years resolution for 2012 should be: see, feel, smell, taste, love more winkies! :D

And on that note: HAPPY 2012! :D

Nuovo Vago said...

I know you dont't like headless exhibitionism! ;)

Anonymous said...

What is the name of rhe artist? Where can we see more of this series, etc.? Thanks! Great site!