Tuesday 3 May 2011

Quicky

I was trying to get a decent picture of the Himalaya Palace, a vast and intriguing-looking abandoned cinema in London's Southall.


It was proving difficult -- the sun was in the wrong place, and it's on an immensely busy, 4-lane road: cars and buses were almost constantly shoving into shot and I was reduced to trying to snatch an occasional image in a rare gap in the traffic:


The cinema itself is boarded-up, a victim of downloads, pervasive satellite tv technology and DVDs.


But this building...

I was particularly taken with the dragon heads you can see (above) at extreme left and right, snarling to keep away (I assume) evil spirits. I went for the close-up.

But I was so distracted I didn't actually look at the image and, when I got home, I discovered that the dragon was about to eat a pigeon:


An action shot at a disused cinema. Who could ask for more?

No comments: