Thursday 15 September 2011

Me me me

This is cause for a celebration, of sorts, so, on your behalf, and in the company of assorted friends, last night I got a bit squiffy on Bolly (you can never have too much Bolly. Or too much of your friends).


The cause for this celebration? Adventures in Beige passes its 1,000,000th hit.

How extraordinary is that?


I wonder if future generations will be erecting statues in my honour: Leduc -- the great poet of this digital age.

Well, stranger things have happened. Honest. Oh, and, er... thanks a million.

5 comments:

Sven said...

Congratulations! The 1 million hits are well earned! Love the choice of your men and sometimes a bit of railways or architecture is interesting, too!

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Will we ever see a photo of you?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Leduc! Which all goes to reinforce the requirement for you to continue blogging, and not to retire at the end of this blog. Please?

I came along for the men - thinking man's crumpet - and ended up learning about trains, the British countryside and architecture. All too weird in isolation, but somehow it all makes sense here.

LeDuc said...

Sven: Thanks very much.

Anonymous 1: I have already published more than one photograph of me in one or other of my blogs. Look harder!

Anonymous 2: You've articulated very clearly what you would get out of me continuing to blog. Now what, exactly, would I get out of it?! Anyway, thanks for the nice comment.

Anonymous said...

LeDuc, I'll going out on a limb here and suggest the desire for self-expression may have been what got you started blogging. Once that desire is gone, there is only money - there is a reason we get paid to go to work.

Or you do it in return for our everlasting gratitude and veneration?!!

Why do we come here? To steal and trash Forrest Gump; visiting here is like a box of chocolates, you’re never quite sure what you’re going to get.

Furthermore, we can relate to the men you post – these are the men you’d meet in the City Library, not at the club.

Here endith the sermon.

Philip a.k.a Anonymous 2