Sunday 10 April 2011

Back in Lynn

I'm back from my evil Hell-hole of a childhood home-town -- King's Lynn in Norfolk. Since I still haven't got a jpeg loader, you have to make do with some recycled photos from earlier trips:


Although on this visit I did take another of the Trinity Guildhall, and the sky was clear blue and there was blazing spring sunshine, so that photo is not unrepresentative...

In fact, with temperatures at 20C and glorious sunshine throughout the weekend, the town was in stark contrast to my last visit there just three or four months back when this was the scene:


There was pack ice on the River Great Ouse then (which is unusual -- this is a sea-water estuary that very rarely freezes); this time it was an orgy of topless (male) chavs exposing their white but muscley flesh. I found myself warming to them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I expect most of us had a feast of muscley half-naked chavs/scallies to ogle this afternoon: North Wales was replete with them both inland and on the coast.