Tuesday 26 April 2011

The Joy of Socks

I generally prefer my clothes to be dowdy and unnoticeable. I am certainly not a clothes-dandy. But I do make an exception for hosiery:


I confess: I am that wanker who likes violently-coloured and patterned socks.


And, being that wanker, I have no option but to buy the deleriously mad products of the Duchamp house of sockery:


Duchamp may be better known for their startling ties and even more startling shirts, but it is their socks I buy in quantity.


Although I have also been known to buy the occasional scarf.


I'm not ashamed to admit that I own most of the designs of sock displayed here for your pleasure:


Plus quite a few more (especially in their vibrant pinks and lilacs).


As affectations go, it is one of the least harmful to society, I would have said.


But then, it is easy enough to find excuses for our own personal foibles, isn't it?

PS: I confess, the only reason for posting this right now is because I could no longer put off using that punning title. I've been wanting to do it for ages...

2 comments:

dan said...

These are sensational. And I love the idea of these combined with those very classic pants and jackets you posted about a few weeks ago, from near Norwich (I think?).

I am starting to envision a clothing tour of England. This could be expensive...

LeDuc said...

Yes, the jackets and trousers ("pants" in England means underwear, so be careful what you ask for) were from Old Town Clothing in Holt, in deepest Norfolk. And it's the combining thing that I do.

But there's no need to travel here in the Days of the Internet -- you can shop from the privacy and comfort of your own home, here:
http://www.old-town.co.uk/products.htm

And here:
http://www.duchamplondon.com/accessories/socks