Sunday 26 June 2011

It's still all coming to an end

Time for an egg-timer update: yes, I've now used up no less than 54% of the photo allowance for this blog. Soon it will all be coming to an end.


Now, now: before you start wailing and sobbing, it's actually going at a much slower rate than in my last couple of blogs: I am kindly reducing the size of most of the images I post.


Still, there's no great difficulty in seeing the Freudian reasons behind your dread of the separation that must, eventually, come...


Best to put all that behind you, slap on a jaunty Genet-esque hat, and carry on as if nothing had happened:


Or you could just sleep it off.


I mean, it's not as if there's any great shortage of modestly-sized winkies on the web. If I can find all this lot at a drop of a hat, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do it for yourself:


[Er... although he is completely magnificent, isn't he? What a winkie...]

Although sometimes even I get a bit proud of my detective skills...


Of course, it's much harder to find decent images of some of the world's more obscure trains (this fine-looking locomotive is a Romanian job, as it happens):


But let's end here, with my back metaphorically turned to you.


Come to think of it, I rather wish that was my back, actually...

9 comments:

Ipmilat said...

How do you find out how much of your photo allowance has been used?

Anonymous said...

I don't believe coming to an end.

I'm in denial.

I visit your blog so often, I feel I want to meet you.

LeDuc said...

When you click to create a new post, there are two tabs at the top right hand corner of the text box. The one at the left says "Edit HTML". Click on that. Then, in the row of buttons above the text entry box, click on the icon to upload pictures; in the middle of the new window that appears will be a sentence telling you how much you've uploaded of your allowance.

For some reason, the "picture upload" window from the more normal Compose box doesn't give you that info. Which is annoying.

Anonymous said...

Help. I hope I am misreading your intent to stop posting. I have followed you thru Steeplecab Heaven, Topscoff, Normal for Norfolk, and now Riciprocating Motion. I have learned to appreciate trains, stations, cathedrals, gardens and men in all stages of dress and undress. You are the one site I check out daily. I appreciate all of your hard work and look forward to each new days post.
Please, Please dont abandon us. Even a morsel is better than nothing.

Anonymous said...

Locating appropriately sized winkies may be possible as one has to slash through the trash. It wouldn't with the same panache, that's for sure.

David Chappell said...

Catastrophe, life as we know it will end.

LeDuc said...

I love you all!

Niall said...

Well what can I say.
Your blogging will be sorely missed! :-(
Thank you for 3 years (my god it has flown by) of modest winkies, interesting buildings and trains from all over.
I don't know who else I am going to turn to for my daily fix! How can you leave us like this Mr LeDuc.....how can you!

I must say the quality of cock and architecture has been exceptionally high of late.

On a slightly random note, you wouldn't happen to be a natural red head would you?

LeDuc said...

Actually, no, I am not a redhead, just an ordinary Anglo-Saxon brunet (though when my father grew a beard once, disconcertingly it turned out to be ginger).

And, in fairness, the brunet is now more what I think polite people describe as "salt and pepper"...

Did you think you had spotted a naked me?