Tuesday 15 February 2011

Anti-social

I'm embarrassed to confess that I've only just got around to watching The Social Network.


I was, frankly, a little bored by it.


It's not so much a feature film as a dramatised documentary (docudrama, are we meant to call those?) of a tedious but Important part of our recent history.


There's some great acting -- Andrew Garfield stood out for me, though Jessie Eisenberg probably had a harder task portraying the blank emptiness of a hyper-intelligent social illiterate.


Even the film's "quirky" moments filled me with ennui.


And how could any film make Max Minghella look drab and ugly (that's him at the back):


Though I did find Armie Hammer's twins rather, er, engrossing, actually. Intriguing. Erotic.


Not the stupid sweat band thing, obviously, but all that rippling rower muscle. The film, somehow, strangely, seemed to come alive whenever the twins were rowing.

Er... The Social Network: not recommended. Unless you're really, really bored already, and this is the only option.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to seeing Armie Hammer as J.Edgar Hoover's 'lover' in the film of that title in the works.

Thank you for continueing to indulge us with this excellent new blog.