Friday 25 February 2011

Sense of self

The second I saw this genius's self-portrait, I knew I was going to be hooked:


And then I saw his second one, and it just confirmed everything...


Lovely. Intriguing. Talented.

So imagine my pleasure when it turned out he'd gone a stage further, and self-portraited his own naked nudity:


An intriguing mix of half-completed tattoo and rubber stamps, though the lighting does his pale flesh no favours.

Not content with that, he then produced this pair of wonderful images, with which we end this post:


I love that hand floating in from the right-hand frame, as he studiously ignores both the person to whom it is attached and the camera, his lazy cock lolling heavily over his hip...

... before shattering the fourth wall with this beautiful measured study, all apprehension and uncertainty, intimacy and anonymity:


That cock hasn't stopped lolling though.

What a talented chap.

2 comments:

chris z said...

Tattoos and piercings always do it for me. Thanks!

Alan said...

Being from Florida, I find the pasty, sun starved look exotic.