Thursday 17 February 2011

Carry on

I've been trying to accumulate photos of hairy hotty Aidan Turner, who stars as a very sexy vampire in Being Human:


He has that deep look about him, and lashings of chest hair which makes me feel all gooey...


Anyway, I'm encountering a big problem which is distracting me. Every time I try to Google or similar, this image is thrown up in the results:


Much as I would like it to be Aidan Turner, I suspect it's the former Mrs Madonna, Tony Ward.

Whereas this is Aidan:


And here he is again, looking sultry:


Why this fixation?

Well, Aidan starred in a tv movie of the life of huge 1960s star Hattie Jacques -- that's her on the left, with Barbara Windsor:



As a vastly overweight woman it was compulsory for Hattie to play the part of spinster Matron/harridans and asexual sisters. She was perfect for aunts. And she was a National Treasure, much-loved.

However, in her personal life she was a bit, er, racier, married to actor John Le Mesurier but shagging her "driver" John -- played in the telemovie (you knew I'd get to it, didn't you?) by Aidan Turner:


The unconventional arrangement lasted for some time, before John -- an extraordinarily decent man -- left home and pursued a divorce, but citing himself as the adulterer, to protect Hattie's reputation (and career).


The movie is immensely engaging and desperately sad. But it had an emotional depth to it which put mega-bucks fluff like The Social Network to shame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Noshferatu!