Monday 14 February 2011

Shadowy figure

In this sequence, it's the dramatic shadow that gets my attention.


I almost feel a little sorry for the lovely model in circumstances such as this, pushed into second place by his own shadow.


But I suppose I shouldn't: after all, it's his own shadow, not something apart from him.


Although when the shadow is backgrounded*, as in this next image, it feels to me as if we have lost something:


Which is a pity, really, although we ought to be studying this delightful man's lovely body.


It really is rather fine, actually, as we can see in the last image where it is laid out for us as if at a banquet.


Yeah, he's very definitely got all my attention now.

*"Backgrounded"... Is that even a word?

1 comment:

Stewart Jackel said...

"Oh, joy unbounded,
With wealth surrounded,
The knell is sounded
Of grief and woe."